A Message from Jeff…
A Personal Touch for Next Year’s Landscape
Do you want to improve your landscape but ran out of time this year or have been delaying work because you aren’t sure how to proceed?
Plan to make your dreams a reality next year by having a professional personal inspection of your landscape. A personal inspection can help you determine what would work well for each part of your property, as well as what would yield the best return on your investment of time and money. Suggestions or recommendations made during this inspection will enable you to make plans to achieve optimum results from your landscaping projects.
For more information, or to arrange a time for an inspection, give us a call.
“Is Dinner Ready Yet?”
You Can’t Blame Your Lawn, Trees and Shrubs for Asking!
It’s hard to overstate how important it is to fertilize your lawn, trees and shrubs, especially during the fall. Most of the plants in your landscape will soon be shifting
into dormancy, with top growth slowing down or stopping altogether. Underground, however, they’ll still be very active.
In order to prepare for new growth in the spring, your lawn, trees and shrubs must build new roots and fatten them up with nutrients. You can improve this process by making sure they get a heavy dose of fertilizer in the fall. The stronger and healthier the roots
become as a result of proper fall fertilization, the better growth you can expect next year.
SOME OF THE BENEFITS YOU CAN EXPECT FROM FALL LAWN
• Grass blades that stay greener and roots that grow later into the season.
• Better recovery from the stresses of summer heat and drought.
• Increased ability to hold water, which helps grass plants withstand the drying
and browning effects of winter winds.
• Improved resistance to some cool-weather fungus diseases due to better
overall plant health.
• Thicker green-up in the spring.
BY HAVING YOUR TREES AND SHRUBS FERTILIZED THIS FALL,
YOU CAN EXPECT:
• Improved flowering.
• Stronger resistance to insects and disease.
• Better winter color in evergreens.
• Healthier, denser foliage.
• An increase in root mass and root branching.
Remember, fall fertilization of your lawn, trees and shrubs will have a direct effect on the
performance of your plants throughout next year’s growing season. It’s an essential part
of protecting and improving your valuable landscape investment.