A well-maintained lawn can help to provide a healthier, more pleasant environment for you, your family and your community. Here are some interesting facts about lawns that you may not be aware of:
• A 50′ x 50′ lawn produces enough daily oxygen for a family of four.
• Grass acts as a natural air conditioner by absorbing the sun’s heat.
• Grass helps to clean the air, absorbing pollutants and returning pure oxygen in exchange.
• A thick, healthy lawn naturally deters allergy-causing weed pollen.
• Biting and stinging insects are found less often in lawns that are free of blooming weeds.
• Noise is reduced in areas where lawns are present (soft-surfaced landscapes absorb sound, while hard surfaces reflect it).
• Thick turf filters surface water before it returns to ground water supplies.
• Grass works as a natural barrier to soil erosion caused by wind and water.
By keeping your lawn in top shape, you’ll be rewarded with a wealth of benefits in return.